Tuesday, January 28, 2014

mamie

Each painting I do, at least for most of them, I have something that I try to focus on. Some aspect of what I am learning about oil painting, art in general, or myself. This painting is of my grandmother from an old photo. I am exploring color and mood. Oh, and let me tell you, I bought some new oil paints. They are Vasari oil paints and they are amazing! I learned about them from one of the Sherrie McGraw videos on the Bright Light Fine Art website. All wonderful videos. The Vasari oil paint is just delicious and buttery. I only bought a few colors to try them and hope to buy lots more! No comparison to any I have tried so far. Anyway, here are two work-in-progress photos of Mamie...feel free to let me know what you think...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment