Thursday, December 10, 2015

steal like an artist

You are, in fact, a mashup of what you choose to let into your life. You are the sum of your influences. the German writer Goethe said, "We are shaped and fashioned by what we love."
I've been reading this great little book called Steal Like An Artist, 10 things nobody told you about being creative, by Austin Kleon. It's a super fun little quick read for inspiration, and ideas on how to steal like an artist. Last night I was browsing the internet and somehow (funny how you can never retrace your steps while browsing the internet) I came across this super fun list of the 37 books every creative person should be reading (see it here), and this book was on the list! And so were quite a few other books that I am either currently reading or have on my pile. Which tells me this is definitely a great list to check out if you are looking for some creative reading! 
I worked on my Iris painting for a while this morning, but not long enough to make any recognizable progress...such a crazy, busy time of year! Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment