Friday, November 11, 2016

great design

Branding is one of my favorite parts of what I do in my day job. And I love being my own client! Little by little I’ve been working on my look for Kim Smith Fine Art. I wish I had known years ago to buy the domain Kim Smith, or Kim Smith Fine Art, Kim Smith Art. It’s a blessing and a curse to have such a common name. It’s easy, and I hope memorable in its simplicity. But the downside is that every combination I could think of was taken for a domain name. So it’s Kim Myers Smith, with my maiden name. I think it’s good luck because my dad would be happy about it as he watches over me from heaven. :) Anyway, kimmyerssmith.com it is aka Kim Smith Fine Art. I have also always loved calligraphy and hand lettering so it was a perfect combination to create the smith as my logo in my own handwriting. Then it was time to decide on a font and colors that would showcase my brand. I designed business cards to match plus stickers for the back of my paintings. I have a color palette that I love! Plus, some cute round stickers just for fun. I chose color coordinated ribbon for my packaging. Next I would like to design some fun patterns to go along with the overall look as an additional graphic element.
The design of my 2017 bird calendars complements my branding for a consistent look.
I follow Fiona Humberstone and love, love her book “How to Style Your Brand” which is an amazing resource for inspiration if you are looking for something to guide you in your own design and branding.
Let me know if you need help with design or branding for your business, it's what I do when I'm not painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment