Thursday, February 23, 2017

some days...

Some days I am so blessed to have a painting sell before I even have time to list it for sale. This just happens to be one of them.
Here's how my day usually starts out...I do my best to get up as close to a 5:15 as I can. First, I turn on the coffee pot (so I don't have to wait for it to warm up later, because every minute counts) and then I take a quick shower.
Then I make my coffee, grab my brushes, which are hopefully clean and waiting from the evening before, and head into my studio (down the steps to my basement). I usually have at least a general idea of what I would Iike to paint. And I have my panel ready and waiting. Then I find one of many of my favorite podcasts to listen to.
Making sure my paints from the day before aren't dried out, I then replace the colors that need refreshed. Then I dive into my painting. The next hour goes by in what seems to be a heartbeat, a blink of an eye, a new york minute.
Then, at 6:45, it's time for me to drive my daughter to the bus stop. At that moment I need to either be finished, or choose to finish the following day, which isn't ideal because the paint dries too much. It's sure is a great way to not allow myself to overwork a painting,
I usually photograph the painting right before driving her to the bus. I post it on Instagram (quickest and easiest post) while we are waiting for her bus to arrive. Next I head home and get ready for work and do my best to get to the office by 7:30 for the next part of my day to begin. On this particular day I found out that this cute bird had already found a new home. A nice way to start a day, right? It really doesn't get any better than that!

Am I Crazy?

Even though there are days when I think I must be crazy to try to fit painting into an already busy schedule, I wouldn't give it up for the world. 
If you want to see more of my bird paintings, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment