Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Baltimore Oriole

This cute guy is a Baltimore Oriole. I never realized the famous Baltimore Orioles baseball team was named after a real bird. And a beauty, at that! Funny thing about marketing that I know the Baltimore Orioles logo, but never saw the actual bird.

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying my bird series. It's fun working on the look for a 2017 calendar of all of my bird paintings and thinking about how to get this accomplished, and quickly, at that! I'm thinking about what kind of paper stock would be best, how many to actually order, and how it will display since I don't think I want to bind it together in the traditional method of spiral binding...plus I have more paintings to create (that's the fun part!)

This original 6" x 6" oil painting is available, unframed, for $85 here.


No comments:

Post a Comment