Monday, February 6, 2017

Peony

Peony, my early morning painting, and a great thought for all of my artist and freelancer friends from Seth Godin...a great way to start the day...
Freelancers (and artists) of all kinds need to be in a hurry. Not a hurry to give in to one-sided deals and lousy clients. Instead, we need to be in a hurry to share our bravest work, in a hurry to lean into the opportunity, in a hurry to make work that people would miss if it were gone.
I, for one, am always in a hurry, not because I want to be, but because I feel I need to be to keep my head above water. I do think I'm in  a hurry for the wrong reasons...I'd much rather be in a hurry to make work that people would miss if it were gone...
Peony is an original 6"x6" oil painting on ⅛" gesso panel, and is available, unframed, for $100 in my Etsy shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment