Tuesday, October 11, 2016

saturday blue bird

This sweet blue bird was a fun bird to use for my painting demo this past Saturday. I've never really had people watch me paint before and I thought I might be nervous. I wasn't nervous at all. It was actually quite fun. I think the only challenge was that I am used to being by myself, completely lost in thought, when I paint. It was very different stopping to talk. But I really did enjoy it, and the painting turned out quite well, I think. Here's to new beginnings!

This original 6"x6" oil painting is available for purchase, unframed, here.

Here is a thought from Seth Godin that I thought was worth passing along...
Now is never (but here comes tomorrow) Everything you're working on is an investment in tomorrow.
While we can choose to enjoy the process, the end result is always at the end of an arc, always the result of many steps, of earning trust, of building a connection.
If you view any particular day without context, it is almost certain to be a failure. Because now never happens. The results always happen later.
Since later is just around the corner, today, right now, is the perfect time to begin.
Now is the moment we get to plant the seeds for later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment