Monday, January 9, 2017

trusting intuition

Trusting intuition. So very important, but why is so difficult to do? I think, above all else, trusting my intuition is one of the most important things that my painting practice teaches me. When I feel discouraged, and get fearful of a slump coming on, I slow down and listen. I change things up and stick with it instead of getting lost in the discouraging negative feelings. Then this happened...an effortless painting that felt like it almost painted itself. Note to self: let the discouraging feelings inspire something new and wonderful. Lesson learned. Or at least for today. It's a lesson I need to learn over an over again. Do you ever feel this way?
This original 8"x8" oil painting on 1/8" gesso panel is available, unframed, for $150 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment