Thursday, June 29, 2017

reach

This is a demo painting from my first time teaching. I would love to add a teacher hat to the pile of hats I am comfortable wearing. It was really a fun experience. I painted this for the first hour and explained my process and answered questions and then she worked on a painting of her own. Oil painting is something that takes lots and lots an lots of practice and it's crucial not to let yourself get discouraged or impatient. I think those are the most important lessons that I learn every day as I paint.

I have been thinking about creating a painting workshop either in Lancaster or New Hope, PA. So if you are in the area and this is something you would be interested in, please drop me a note and I'll add you to a list to let you know the details as I plan an event. I want to get an idea if anyone would be interested. Thanks so much!

This original 6"x6" oil painting on ⅛" gesso panel is available, unframed, for $100 in my Etsy shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment